As economic pressures create additional obstacles to career success, lawyer assistance programs have responded by providing career counseling for struggling attorneys. To assist Florida lawyers, David Behrend, director of Career Planning Services for Lawyers in Ardmore, PA and Michael Cohen, executive director of Florida Lawyers Assistance, Inc. have joined together to offer free career counseling via computer or telephone. Online group interactive sessions will take place every other Wednesday at noon and Behrend and Cohen offer one-on-one counseling as well, if needed. The career forum is designed to enable lawyers, at all stages of their careers, to explore renewing their goals or using their law degrees in new ways.
Among those who may benefit from participating are:
- Lawyers who are or should be exploring a career or employment change;
- Recent law graduates unsure of the next opportunity;
- Lawyers returning to the practice after an absence of time;
- Older partners or judges searching for their “encore” career;
- Lawyers unable to practice at this time;
- Disenchanted lawyers unsure of alternative career options.
For more information, read this Florida Bar News article.