The Louisiana Bar has dedicated its Dec/Jan journal to “Mindfulness, Mental Health and Lawyers Assistance.” From the President’s Message, through 10 separate feature articles, this important theme is carried throughout the entire issue. Articles include:
• President’s Message: This Holiday Season
By Joseph L. (Larry) Shea, Jr.
• Focus: Mindfulness, Mental Health and Lawyers Assistance
By Hon. Jay C. Zainey
• LAP, Inc. Offers Comprehensive Life-Saving Services
By J.E. (Buddy) Stockwell
• Reach Out! Suicide Prevention Using QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer)
By Leah Rosa
• What Do We Want? Mindfulness in Law!
By Scott L. Rogers
• Establish Mindfulness and Reduce Your Stress: Be Pro Active and Create Balance
By Ann H. Abbrecht
• The Enlightened Lawyer: Overcoming Stress and Creating Balance
By Dr. Geralyn Datz
• Improving Attorney Quality of Life: The Emerging Role of Dialectical Behavior Therapy
By Daliah L. Bauer, Ph.D.
• Addiction and Treatment in a Professional Population
By Dr. Jay A. Weiss
• The Right Way to Help
By Jeff Jay
• One Lawyer’s Journey Through Depression
By Dan T. Lukasik
Access the whole December 2014/January 2015 Louisiana Bar Journal here.