Thursday, April 2, 1:00-2:00pm Eastern
Substance abuse and addictions affect attorneys and their licenses. Learn how to recognize a legal professional with an impairment and the resources available to them and their colleagues. This program will examine:
• Signs and symptoms of substance use problems among legal professionals;
• Understanding addiction as an illness: the brain keeps the score;
• Treatment options;
• The interface between disciplinary action and impairment;
• Obligations to report an attorney with an impairment; and
• Lawyer Assistance Programs and how they assist attorneys and their colleagues.
Panelists include CoLAP Commission member Linda Albert and Advisory Committee member Tracy L. Kepler. Co-sponsored by the ABA Government and Public Sector Lawyers Division and Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs (CoLAP).