The American Inns of Court has dedicated the January/February 2016 issue of its magazine, The Bencher, to Lawyer Assistance Programs. It includes an opening message about LAPs from the President of the American Inns of Court, Chief Judge Carl E. Stewart, as well as the following features:
- Ending the Epidemic of Lawyers’ Depression and Substance Abuse Disorders, by C. Stuart Mauney, Esq.
- Alcohol-Free Socializing as a Solution? By David C. Tryon, Esq.
- Louisiana’s Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program, by J.E. “Buddy” Stockwell, Esq.
- New Jersey Lawyers’ Assistance Program: A Case Study in Creative and Compassionate Caring, by Hon. Helen E. Hoens (Ret.), William J. Kane, Esq., and Nancy Stek, MS, LCADC
- Ethics: Lawyer Assistance Programs and Attorney Discipline Agencies, by John P. Ratnaswamy, Esq.
Access the full issue of the January/February 2016 issue of The Bencher here.